YO any photoshop painters out there:
This brush from Charlie Bowater (an amazing artist I suggest you check out) is something I use constantly, especially to get really realistic, painterly color. Her tutorial is found here. There’s something that says BRUSH [link] in the article. Follow the link and save the picture you find there to your computer.
Open the picture in photoshop and go to EDIT>DEFINE BRUSH PRESET (if you don’t see that on your menu you might have to hit show all menu items for it to show up). Click that and it will let you name the brush, then it will show up in your brush palette.
What I like to dois go to the BRUSH PRESETS palette and turn off the size jitter. Then I go to “Other Dynamics” (if you’re in CS4) or “Transfer” (if you’re in CS5) and turn on the opacity jitter to react to pen pressure. I usually end up dabbing on color like I would with a paint brush and I usually have to go over it several times to build up color like I would paint.
I still have a lot to learn how to do but I had some friends asking me where to find this brush so I thought I’d share :)
Monday. Monday was fine until I realized, oh hey, I have a very important presentation to start and finish tonight because it’s due tomorrow because my teacher signed me up for the first day of presentations. Go to sleep at 3:30, wake up at 8:45 for class.
Tuesday. Class, then shower like the world is going to explode if I don’t finish in ten minutes because I have to be clean and orderly looking for my presentation. Rush to class, class is cancelled and no one told me. Awesome. Go back to the room? Nope. Locked myself out. Again. Feet throbbing from awful heels. Present (I hate public speaking). Phone dies. Computer dies. Have to haul out computer cord to contact roommate to let her know I’m coming and that she needs to let me in.
Get back to the room to charge the computer and phone. Computer charges for two seconds, then the cord decides to die. THIS IS THE SECOND ONE IN SEVEN MONTHS. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT.
Have to go track down an available mac cord to use so I can get online and make an appointment with the mac store so I can yell at them about this stupid cord. Gotta wait till Friday because I don’t have time the rest of the week. Don’t get any work done that night because I can’t use my computer.
Wednesday. Wednesday was going okay. Bummed off some cords, got around to using the computer when I needed it. Decided the painting I worked on for three hours is a piece of shit and I need to restart it. More work to do later. Eat some delicious chicken wings then go to class.
Put my photoshop file on a flashdrive so I can work off of one of the computers in the lab during class. My eyeball decides to freak out, so I take my contact out and rub it. It falls on the floor. Can’t put that back in my eye, so I’m blind for the rest of the night. I
I get a decent amount done on my illustration, then at the end of class, the USB drive extension decides it’s just going to randomly eject itself from the computer with my tablet and flash drive still attached. I go to reopen my file, and find out it was corrupted when the USB drive ejected and the three hours of work I just did has to now be redone.
Now, I will not ignore the good times at Wing King and Steak n Shake with my friends, because they were glorious.
BUT REALLY LIFE? REALLY?
ARE WE REALLY DOING THIS THE WEEK BEFORE FINALS?
1) Put your iTunes on shuffle. Give me the first 6 songs that pop up.
2) If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
3) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, give me line 17.
4) What do you think about most?
5) What does your latest text message from someone else say?
6) Do you sleep with ____ or without ______ on?
7) What’s your strangest talent?
8) Girls…. (finish the sentence); Boys…. (finish the sentence)
9) Ever had a poem or song written about you?
10) When is the last time you played the air guitar?
11) Do you have any strange phobias?
12) Ever stuck a foreign object up your nose?
13) What’s your religion?
14) If you are outside, what are you most likely doing?
15) Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
16) Simple but extremely complex. Favorite band?
17) What was the last lie you told?
18) Do you believe in karma?
19) What does your URL mean?
20) What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
21) Who is your celebrity crush?
22) Have you ever gone skinny dipping?
23) How do you vent your anger?
24) Do you have a collection of anything?
25) Do you prefer talking on the phone or video chatting online?
26) Are you happy with the person you’ve become?
27) What’s a sound you hate; sound you love?
28) What’s your biggest “what if”?
29) Do you believe in ghosts? How about aliens?
30) Stick your right arm out; what do you touch first? Do the same with your left arm.
31) Smell the air. What do you smell?
32) What’s the worst place you have ever been to?
33) Choose East Coast or West Coast?
34) Most attractive singer of your opposite gender?
35) To you, what is the meaning of life?
36) Define Art.
37) Do you believe in luck?
38) What’s the weather like right now?
39) What time is it?
40) Do you drive? If so, have you ever crashed?
41) What was the last book you read?
42) Do you like the smell of gasoline?
43) Do you have any nicknames?
44) What was the last movie you saw?
45) What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had?
46) Have you ever caught a butterfly?
47) Do you have any obsessions right now?
48) What’s your sexual orientation?
49) Ever had a rumor spread about you?
50) Do you believe in magic?
51) Do you tend to hold grudges against people who have done you wrong?
52) What is your astrological sign?
53) Do you save money or spend it?
54) What’s the last thing you purchased?
55) Love or lust?
56) In a relationship?
57) How many relationships have you had?
58) Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
59) Where were you yesterday?
60) Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you?
61) Are you wearing socks right now?
62) What’s your favorite animal?
63) What is your secret weapon to get someone to like you?
64) Where is your best friend?
65) Spit or swallow?(;
66) What is your heritage?
67) What were you doing last night at 12 AM?
68) What do you think is Satan’s last name?
69) Be honest. Ever gotten yourself off?
70) Are you the kind of friend you would want to have as a friend?
71) You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time you get fired. What do you do?
72) You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? b) What do you do with your remaining days? c) Would you be afraid?
73) You can only have one of these things; trust or love.
74) What’s a song that always makes you happy when you hear it?
75) What are the last four digits in your cell phone number?
76) In your opinion, what makes a great relationship?
77) How can I win your heart?
78) Can insanity bring on more creativity?
79) What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
80) What size shoes do you wear?
81) What would you want to be written on your tombstone?
82) What is your favorite word?
83) Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word; heart.
84) What is a saying you say a lot?
85) What’s the last song you listened to?
86) Basic question; what’s your favorite color/colors?
87) What is your current desktop picture?
88) If you could press a button and make anyone in the world instantaneously explode, who would it be?
89) What would be a question you’d be afraid to tell the truth on?
90) One night you wake up because you heard a noise. You turn on the light to find that you are surrounded by MUMMIES. The mummies aren’t really doing anything, they’re just standing around your bed. What do you do?
91) You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What is that power?
92) You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again?
93) You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
94) You have the opportunity to sleep with the music-celebrity of your choice. Who would it be?
95) You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
96) Do you have any relatives in jail?
97) Have you ever thrown up in the car?
98) Ever been on a plane?
99) If the whole world were listening to you right now, what would you say?
100) Give me your top 5 favorite blogs on Tumblr.
BEFORE I TASE SOMEONE.
Have an important presentation tomorrow that I forgot about and haven’t started.